This instructional guide contains 252 teacher-tested lesson plans to help K-5 PE teachers implement the required North Carolina standards in a practical manner.
At last! Successfully Teaching Elementary Physical Education is now available! Developed to help you “navigate the world” of elementary physical education, this valuable resource is aligned to the newly mandated K-5 North Carolina Essential Standards for Physical Education.
What’s in this Book:
- Over 250 lessons aligned to the NEW North Carolina PE State Standards.
- Written by one of the State’s leading PE experts – Dr. Dan McLaughlin.
- Reviewed and endorsed by the North Carolina Physical Education Association (NCPEA).
- 496 pages of instructional K-5 physical education resources!
Why Buy this Book?
Designed to be the ultimate guidebook for North Carolina elementary physical education teachers, Successfully Teaching Elementary Physical Education (North Carolina Edition) contains everything you’ll need to implement a successful program this year. Whether you’re a beginning or experienced physical educator, this book offers ways to:
- Implement a structured scope and sequence aligned to State Standards,
- Create an optimal physical education learning experience for children,
- Provide the instructional focus necessary for age-appropriate skill development,
- Prepare each instructional day with proven classroom management strategies, and
- Simplify one’s lesson planning with teaching tips, fitness content, and lesson closure ideas.
From the Publisher:
“As a former elementary physical education teacher, I understand and value the tremendous work it takes to be a quality educator. Often the amount of advanced planning it takes to become the best is an overlooked and/or under-appreciated quality. It is our goal to provide North Carolina elementary physical education teachers with a easy-to-understand and ready-to-go resource.”
Artie Kamiya, Former NCDPI Section Chief for K-12 Healthful Living
President and Founder, Great Activities Publishing Company