Submitted by Thad Schumacher from Fremont, Nebraska. 4-6
- Swimming pool noodles cut in half (enough for each defensive player)
- A soft football
How to Play: Divide the class into 4-6 teams depending on the size of your gym. Each game is played on half of the basketball court. The ball starts on the volleyball sideline and the touchdown is the opposite basketball sideline as shown on the following page.
General Rules: The offense gets four downs to try to score. If they are not able to score, the other team gets the ball at the volleyball line on their end. If the team does score, the ball is still given to the other team at the volleyball line on their end.
There are a few very simple rules for this game:
- The quarterback may not run with the ball and the defense may not rush.
- The QB may either hand off the ball or throw it to a teammate who is open.
- Every defensive player has a noodle. The players use them to tag the person with the ball to get them “down.”
- Emphasize tagging, not hitting with the noodles.
- The defense may not hit the ball with the noodles, but may knock it down with their hands.
Other: Players may also intercept the ball, but may not advance it. This is because the other team does not have the noodles. The ball is placed on the appropriate line with the new offensive players giving the other team their noodles.